On April 15, 1888 the Reverend W. A. Williamson organized the Mission Ridge Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The congregation initially worshiped in the Little School building or another facility owned by the Tate Springs Baptist Church. Mr. and Mrs. R. W. C. Lotspeich donated our present property. In March 1913 a house of worship was built on the corner of Perkins and Pleasant Ridge Rd. In 1954 A second structure was added and served as the new sanctuary with additional space for classrooms. Our present sanctuary was erected in April 1981 and the former sanctuary was repurposed into a fellowship hall. In July 1996 the members of Mission Ridge made the prayerful decision to change the name of the church to our present name, St. John Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Over one hundred twenty-seven years have passed, and St. John continues to faithfully worship God, build up the saints, and minister to our Lake Arlington community in a variety of ways.
© 2020 St. John Cumberland Presbyterian Church 6007 W Pleasant Ridge Rd, Arlington, TX 76016